The 5th Annual Salt Lake City Marathon/Half-Marathon began at the top of the University of Utah at George Eccles Legacy Bridge. It was a chilly start in the early morning, but that didn't bring our moods down. We were both determined to meet or beat our best 1/2 marathon times (which we did, Jenny with 1:55 and Justin 1:42 unofficially). As we lined up at the starting line, there was strange music emanating from the top of the bridge. We had never been to a race before that had a gospel choir singing gospel songs to us before the start of a race! So strange! I just kept thinking of U2 "It's a Beautiful Day." I would rather have that song going through my mind while I run than have gospel songs. And then they had the mayor of Utah count down from 10 to start us off. However, I was waiting for a noise of some kind. Instead it was just him saying "Go!" Ha ha, I thought that was quite funny. We both made it to the finish line. It only took us a couple hours to find each other through the most horrendous and disorganized crowd ever! By that time I had already eaten a bag of almonds, two hotdogs, and a bottle of chocolate milk. I pretty much wanted to throw up, but I just kept eating to stay warm (Justin had my jacket.) Once we were reunited, we took a couple snapshots for our blog and we booked it out of there. And that is our memory of the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon (the upper left building is where Justin works).
1 comment:
You guys rock! I admire anyone who enjoys running lol
Post a Comment