Sunday, April 6, 2008

Third Day



Our first stop on our wine tour was at Viansa. It started with a small tour and lesson on how to the appreciate the "bouquet" of a wine. Then they let us free to rome and buy wine by the glass (10:30 am). The unfortunate thing about living in Utah is that liquor laws are a wee bit odd: none of the wineries are allowed to ship alcohol to this state.

The buds on the vines were just beginning to peak out. I call them wine zygotes (Justin calls them grapes).


Our next stop was lunch in Sonoma County (12:00 pm, semi-buzzed). The weather was so gorgeous that the Easter Bunny came out to play.


The Madonna Estate was the next winery we got to taste (Yes, we tasted the whole winery, 2:00 pm- Tipsy Turvy). We learned that the buttery flavor of a Chardonnay was actually the flavor that came from how the grapes interacted with the oak barrel. Cool stuff.


Each barrel reacts differently to get the many different flavors. It is so amazing.



The last winery was called Kirkland Ranch, (4:00 pm, wine flowing through our veins) we fell in love with a light and beautifully colored Rose wine. I think we had two or three glasses of the stuff.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, creepy bunny.

Amalia said...

wow, Jealous. Why didn't I ever tour wine country the 2 times I lived in monterey? oh well. I have wine here, how are things by the way?

Unknown said...

No, seriously though, that bunny is scaring me.

Unknown said...

Hey Mos Mob! Umm, the bunny? Still creepy.