Well, this really was a pretty different Fourth of July weekend for me (Justin). Since moving back to Utah my dad Mike was really on my case about putting together a backpacking trip.
So I went to Barnes and Noble, checked out a book on trails in the state, and off we went for a long extended weekend into the Uinta Wilderness.
We had originally planned on doing 32 miles in 4 days! We opted out of the loop after we couldn't find the turn off for part of the loop. Add to that our 7.5 mile hike uphill, just to get into the wilderness with 50 pounds on our backs almost killed us. So yeah, we opted to day-hike a bit and not do the whole loop.
Mike caught about 15 fish on what is called Brown Duck Lake, and I didn't do too bad either. Dad called me "Emeril of the trail" because I made some great meals. The best by far was the pizza made with fry bread and summer sausage. We actually brought so much damn food we had to leave some behind when we left because of the weight.
1 comment:
I like my beer cold, my bed soft and my showers hot. So I'll leave the backpacking to you 2 big guys. Love Mom
Post a Comment